Friday, September 19, 2008

Week 5

Muddiest Point: I'm still not completely understanding the different high level languages.

Articles 1 & 2: I did not know much about data compressing so they articles gave me a lot of new material to learn and digest. I found the theory behind data compressing to be very interesting. I am beginning to better understand how my computer and other devices work now. 

Article 3: I think this is a great idea. It allows resources to be combined and more people can gain access to the online collections. Also, the collections will be better preserved and around for future generations to see. The project allows for easier research which is always a positive. I like the freedom granted to the users. It was interesting to see how they resolved the problems with the site.

Article 4: I like YouTube. It is a great website with many different uses. It can be used for personal reasons like sharing with relatives who live far away or for professional tasks. During my undergrad, I had a professor assign a presentation in which we were encouraged to use YouTube. I was able to find some great WWII era training videos to share with my class. 

No comments: