Friday, October 31, 2008

Week 9

An Introduction to the Extensible Markup Language (XML): I found this website to be extremely helpful. I knew nothing about XML before reading this and now I feel confident in my knowledge about XML. I really like the last part about using XML coded text. I think I could do it.

A survey of XML standards: From this reading, I really liked the collection of links it provided. I thought this group of links really helped me better understand just exactly what is XML. I saved this page so I could reuse its resources in the future.


Extending your markup: I thought this reading was just like the other two that I read. It was helpful in explaining why XML was better than HTML. I really learned a lot from the examples in this article.


XML Schema Tutorial: Once again, I thought this website was just like the previous writings. It presented good basic information about XML. I preferred the first two readings. However, I did like the way everything was broken down.


Muddiest Point: What exactly is a meta tag?

1 comment:

Daqing said...

a tag inside html for writing metadata info